editra 2.2.9

Having installation problems look here for help

editra 2.2.9

Postby diep » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:37 am

hi Cody,

A reinstall at my macintosh of the OS had wiped out everything including editra. So of course i reinstalled it once again now.

Seems there is an installation issue with it, though i'm not sure. Could be also that the new fresh install at my mac also wiped out my own memory.

I start editra (it's under applications at the mac), then i open a file. Select *.c and *.h, US settings of course and enlarge fonts to 12 pts.

I open the file diepeval.c

Then close editra.

Now i reopen editra again and it has not remembered that i wanted to open diepeval.c, additional the 12pts settings have gone and it is again 10 pts font.

What did i miss?

Thanks,
Vincent
diep
User

Postby diep » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:44 am

by the way i really like the midnight colorization. It is a large improvement.

though i'll have to figure out how in for example this line:

} else if( (OpPawn[lijn]&j) == 0 && (a1&ctlP) ) { /* bijna vrijpion? */

the and sign: '&' is not different color nor is the [ and the ] a diff color it is all white.

colorization is a powerful tool to make programming and oversight easier IMHO.

Or is this issue of wxpython library?

Thanks,
Vincent

p.s. keep up doing the good work
diep
User

Postby diep » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:16 am

ignore my remark about loading the file again: it is doing it when i mark 'load last session'. how could i have missed that?

Seems it also had remembered the font size, just i found it rather tiny (12 pts) still and i put it at 13 now.

This macbookpro is default at like something of or close to 1600x1050, which is a lot of pixels at a wide 17'' screen. I really look forward working with editra once again.

Vincent
diep
User

Postby diep » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:19 am

Wow this really is kick butt, it can open another instance of itself!!

Thanks a lot Cody that's a beautiful feature!!!!

Well done.
diep
User

Postby cody » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:45 am

Hello,

diep wrote:by the way i really like the midnight colorization. It is a large improvement.

though i'll have to figure out how in for example this line:

} else if( (OpPawn[lijn]&j) == 0 && (a1&ctlP) ) { /* bijna vrijpion? */

the and sign: '&' is not different color nor is the [ and the ] a diff color it is all white.

colorization is a powerful tool to make programming and oversight easier IMHO.

Or is this issue of wxpython library?

Thanks,
Vincent

p.s. keep up doing the good work

No it is possible to have operator characters colored differently I just have them using the default style in the default style sheets.

To set a custom color for them open the style editor (Tools=>Style Editor), then select the 'operator_style' tag from the list box and set the foreground/background color you wish for it to be in the right side of the dialog. Once all is how you want it just click on export and give the sheet a name you like. It will automatically be set as your preferred style and will update all open buffers to use it.

cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Installation Issues