[fixed] Minor bug in code completion

Report Bugs Here

[fixed] Minor bug in code completion

Postby birchy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Cody.

Nothing serious, but i've just noticed that during a line of code for ANY object/library/etc:
Code: Select all
sys.
correctly shows code completions, however
(sys.
shows nothing. This also applies to the ctrl+space word completion.
As a workaround, this is ok:
( sys.

You most likely know this already, but your code completion is currently the best available. I started a thread on the Ubuntu forums and posted some code that Editra could not complete. It turned out that none of the larger IDE's (Eclipse PyDev, Komodo, SPE, BOA, DrPython, WingIDE, Netbeans, etc) could complete it, either...so well done to you! :mrgreen:
birchy
User

Re: Minor bug in code completion

Postby cody » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes,

I fixed this last week. Also made a number of other improvements to the python autocompletion today so it should be even more accurate in the next release.

[do you have a link to that post?]

Thanks,

cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby birchy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Damn, i've found 2 bugs over the last week or so and you've always been one step ahead of me. :)

Most of the work done regarding the editors/ides with poor completion was done by myself. I've installed just about every one i could find, with the exception of the commercial ones. Add to the list of failures Netbeans 6.5, which i tried earlier today. Despite installing the bare minimum JVM and only the Python editor, the whole lot was well over 200mb in size....and was no better than your 7mb version. In fact the Netbeans completion is currently the worst i've seen. When it can't find a completion for an object, it just lists EVERY completion in the Python library...so instead of having nothing, you get about 5,000 useless values. lol

The ubuntu thread is nothing spectacular, but it's here if you want to read it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1023928
birchy
User

Postby cody » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:47 pm

birchy wrote:Damn, i've found 2 bugs over the last week or so and you've always been one step ahead of me. :)

Do a search for Guido's time machine, if your lucky enough you might get to borrow it too ;)

birchy wrote:The ubuntu thread is nothing spectacular, but it's here if you want to read it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1023928

Thanks
cody
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports