[finished] Design a new logo contest

News and general information

Postby revcompgeek » Wed May 07, 2008 2:27 am

That looks to "busy" to me. Having some kind of color background looks nice, but square icons don't look as good in the Dock IMO.
D > C++ > C
revcompgeek
User

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 2:53 am

revcompgeek wrote:That looks to "busy" to me. Having some kind of color background looks nice, but square icons don't look as good in the Dock IMO.

Hmmm Always ready to hear suggestions here... :|
skurt
User

Postby revcompgeek » Wed May 07, 2008 2:54 am

I think the plain E or e looks good, but I think it needs some kind of background. I just don't know what. Some kind of glow behind it maybe?
D > C++ > C
revcompgeek
User

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 am

revcompgeek wrote:I think the plain E or e looks good, but I think it needs some kind of background. I just don't know what. Some kind of glow behind it maybe?

I guess it's a start ;)

skurt
User

Postby revcompgeek » Wed May 07, 2008 3:29 am

The glow looks nice, but I think I like the blue E in the other font better. Round fonts don't quite fit for me. But other people's opinions count too!

I am starting to wish I had Photoshop. Unfortunately, i can't afford it, so I have to go with the free stuff.
D > C++ > C
revcompgeek
User

Postby cody » Wed May 07, 2008 3:52 am

I like both the one with the four squares on the back (shown in the first dock picture) and this latest one. Some comments/opinions below.

1) One with four squares

I currently like this one the most and size and weight wise fits in well, the colors of the squares however differ too much from one another and make it a little to loud in that respect, perhaps using only two different colors in the squares that are both just a different shade of the same color would balance it out some.

2) The glowing one

This is also very nice, simple and easy to distinguish. It seems to be slightly out of balance size wise with the other ones, If the E was a little taller I think it would match the others some more.

Looks like there is getting to be a number of good choices to dig through :)

cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 4:12 am

cody wrote:I like both the one with the four squares on the back (shown in the first dock picture) and this latest one. Some comments/opinions below.

1) One with four squares

I currently like this one the most and size and weight wise fits in well, the colors of the squares however differ too much from one another and make it a little to loud in that respect, perhaps using only two different colors in the squares that are both just a different shade of the same color would balance it out some.

2) The glowing one

This is also very nice, simple and easy to distinguish. It seems to be slightly out of balance size wise with the other ones, If the E was a little taller I think it would match the others some more.

Looks like there is getting to be a number of good choices to dig through :)

cody

1. I contemplated three big squares, then 4 little squares in the place the one would be in, but like revcompgeek I think both are a bit busy and after I created it, I thought it looked too much like a windows icon.

1.a) Choose the opposing colors for me, do you want two red corners, and two blue both pastel like, i.e. very light colored

let me know the colors I'll work it in/out

2. The size is only because I may have not shrunk it enough for the Dock picture, it is not really in the dock I just put it over one that was there so I could see an example of how it may look.

Keep 'em coming folks
skurt
User

Postby revcompgeek » Wed May 07, 2008 4:16 am

I wonder if the one with the four squares would look nice if the squares were smaller in addition to being less loud colors. The huge squares make it look very much like a Windows icon :oops: .
D > C++ > C
revcompgeek
User

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 4:17 am

revcompgeek wrote:The glow looks nice, but I think I like the blue E in the other font better. Round fonts don't quite fit for me. But other people's opinions count too!

I am starting to wish I had Photoshop. Unfortunately, i can't afford it, so I have to go with the free stuff.

I was looking for something a little more 'manly' to beef up the font, if it is to stand alone, it needs to stand out.
skurt
User

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 4:54 am

skurt
User

Postby cody » Wed May 07, 2008 4:19 pm

As far as the square colors I was thinking that either a shade of blue or red. Then to use that shade for two corner blocks and then for the other two corners use either a slightly lighter or darker shade of the same color used for the other corners.

Hopefully next week I can get some time to look and work with stuff some more. (have a number of job interviews this week...).

Thanks,

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby skurt » Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm

cody wrote:(have a number of job interviews this week...).

Cody

Good luck with those!
skurt
User

Postby skurt » Thu May 08, 2008 3:13 am

here's a RED version (obvious) I'll work the other one next.

skurt
User

Postby cody » Sat May 10, 2008 4:45 pm

looking good,

I think this looks pretty nice, though I am now a bit split over the version with or without the background, or what an inverse of this one (red on blue) would be like. If you could beam me a copy of the psd again I will try them out again.

Thanks,

cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby skurt » Sat May 10, 2008 5:52 pm

cody wrote:looking good,

I think this looks pretty nice, though I am now a bit split over the version with or without the background, or what an inverse of this one (red on blue) would be like. If you could beam me a copy of the psd again I will try them out again.

Thanks,

cody

I'll put together a package for you to play with again ;)

Here's a quickie

1) Image

2) Image

3) Image

4) Image

5) Image

6) Image
skurt
User

PreviousNext

Return to News