Bad News :(

News and general information

Bad News :(

Postby cody » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:07 am

I was finally just getting settled back in after my move back to the U.S from Japan and getting ready to do my weekly backup of my workstation (that because of the moving and what not had not now been done for like a month) and just as I was about to plugin my external harddrive the harddrive in my macbook started ticking and abruptly died :cry:

This means that I will not be able to do any work for a much longer time now and that I unfortunatly lost a large amount of uncommited code in my sandbox. In order to get my machine fixed (its under warranty) I need to drive 5 hours to the nearest Apple store first thing Monday morning and beg for a quick repair and hopefull recovery of the data on the bad disk. What really hurts about this besides the data loss is that before I moved last week I was only about a 30min train ride from an Apple store :(

Well I guess lessons learned that I need to move my backups to daily and have them done automatically so that I dont need to schedule time to do them myself.

Because of this 0.3.0 will likely be delayed until mid May now.

cody
cody
Site Admin

Good News

Postby cody » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 am

Computer is back and running!!
cody
Site Admin

Return to News