Shortcuts for "Next/Previous Bookmark" on Mac

Discuss any topics about the editor here

Shortcuts for "Next/Previous Bookmark" on Mac

Postby Markus00000 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:56 pm

The current keyboard shortcuts for "Next Bookmark" and "Previous Bookmark" on the Mac are unfortunate. System-wide, cmd+up/down will let you jump to the beginning/end of a document. But not in Editra where this is overridden.

cmd+opt+up/down seems to be a better choice.

Editra 0.6.0
Markus00000
Limited User

Re: Shortcuts for "Next/Previous Bookmark" on Mac

Postby cody » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello,

Yes, but how often do you need to jump to the beginning or end of a document. I find it much more regular to need to jump between important parts of the code. It doesn't match platform norms in this case but seems more reasonable to have the easy keybinding for the common task instead of having a harder one.

The keybindings are configurable but I don't think that clearing this one will allow it to fall back to the system default since the text control is owner drawn and not a native component.
cody
Site Admin

Re: Shortcuts for "Next/Previous Bookmark" on Mac

Postby Markus00000 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 pm

I am jumping more often to the beginning of a document, e.g. to add imports, than I jump between bookmarks as I do not use bookmarks. :)

I guess Apple's User Interface Guidelines are discouraging overriding default system shortcuts as I cannot remember a single native application doing this. I, too, like shortcuts to be as predictable as possible. Yet, I also see that among Linux and Windows users such guidelines are often valued less.
Markus00000
Limited User

Return to General Discussion