Problem with preview in any browser

Discuss any topics about the editor here

Problem with preview in any browser

Postby Homer_S » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am

Hi, :)
i'm a new member in your forum and i've only one question. I use Editra in the latest version (not Beta) for writing code in (X)HTML, CSS, JavaScript (and a little bit later PHP again, too).
Most (almost all) functions in this editor are real great, but i've a problem with the preview in browsers. My files are in the directory C:\xampp\htdocs\ (i know, that this isn't needed for HTML and JavaScript, but i'll familiarize me for later writing php).
If i try to open a html file in a browser (if it is opened in Editra(FF, IE, Seamonkey)), i get the error message :
>>> iexplorer.exe "index.html"
Der Befehl "iexplorer.exe" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.>>> Exit Kode: 1
Translated: "The order iexplore.exe is either written wrong or can't be found".
:(
Do you can tell me, what i was made wrong? Thank you very much for a friendly answer (i'm not a real and almost perfect coder/programmer, i make only things for the www).

Greetings from Berlin, Germany, Andreas

PS: I don't want to use PSPad, Notepad++, etc. again, because Editra is perfect for my requirements! :mrgreen:
Homer_S
Limited User

Re: Problem with preview in any browser

Postby cody » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Moved to General Discussion since this is not an issue with the editra.org website
cody
Site Admin

Re: Problem with preview in any browser

Postby cody » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi,

The executable your trying to run is not on your PATH is what the error is saying.

To fix it you need to tell Editra where the program is.

I am guessing that your using the Launch plugin, so in its configuration dialog find the settings for HTML for example and then in the list of commands either add a new one or change the 'executable command' field to have the full path to the program (i.e C:\Program Files\Firefox\firefox.exe).

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion