Key ¨´ works like the Backspace Key

Discuss any topics about the editor here

Key ¨´ works like the Backspace Key

Postby andrewmoon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi everybody!

Since I upgraded to MAC OS X Mavericks, my Key ¨´ (between Ñ and ç) works like the backspace key. Everything works fine with Editra except this little issue. Sure, I'm using spanish keyboard.

Thanks for your attention and help.

Regards,

AM
andrewmoon
Limited User

Re: Key ¨´ works like the Backspace Key

Postby cody » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi,

Just to be clear, are you saying that this problem didn't exist prior to the Mac OS upgrade?

There are / have been issues on OSX with Spanish keyboard layout issues before usually relating to brackets (i.e. { } ).
cody
Site Admin

Postby andrewmoon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 am

Yes!, It showed up after Mac OS X Upgrade to Mavericks, why?...I don't know...This behavior is strange because I tested it with another word processor and it is not a bad keyboard configuration, even here my keys work well ¨´...and the backspace key works fine too....I think it is a little issue Editra must fix..I like Editra more than Sublime Text...but I'm using Sublime Text right now because the keyboard issue...:(
andrewmoon
Limited User

Postby cody » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Very odd.

Will keep it on my radar, but it is most likely an issue in wxWidgets. There are some newer versions of wx becoming available so I will test building Editra with those next time I am working on it to see if it may help the issue or not.

Thanks!
cody
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion