Making Requests

Request Features and Feature Changes

Making Requests

Postby cody » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Just some simple guidelines for making requests:

1) When making feature requests please only request one feature per topic.

2) For additional requests please start new topics. This keeps it easier to follow and prevents things from getting lost.

3) If a thread has [done] in its title then please start a new thread instead of commenting on that thread unless you are the OP.

4) Please remember that this project is a one man project that I do in my spare time. So politeness and tack go a really long way towards having your requests heard. This hasn't been much of an issue but every now and again I get an email that makes me wonder...

5) If there is some must have feature/plugin that you want/need implemented quickly I will consider taking donations or contracted work to implement the feature for you on an accelerated time table. Email me for details.

Thanks,

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Re: Making Requests

Postby vds2212 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:38 am

Dear Cody,

I'm filling your request list with ideas. I'll would sorry if you consider them as complain and not as a mark of interest.

I'm coding in Python and for some of them (e.g. "find previous" key binding) I should be able to code them by myself.
I'll be glad to contribute so if you think a request is valuable and you think my code could help you just encourage me to send you patch :-)

Vivian.
vds2212
User

Postby cody » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Hello,

Yes help is always welcome :)

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby mdebreceni » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:43 am

Cody,

I submitted bug 395 earlier today (which you fixed within the hour -- nice work!).

I use vim as my editor of choice, but Editra shows a lot of promise (especially with its vi emulation mode).

One of the keystrokes I use in vim is '_', which takes me to the start of the line (or rather, to the first printable character of the line. I've put together a two-liner patch which adds support for the '_' key (giving it the same behavior as the caret '^'. Is that something you'd be interested in?

If you're interested, I'll continue to give the vi emulation a workout and send either patches (if I can figure them out) or enter issues in the bug tracker. Let me know -- I'm up for helping out.

- Mike
mdebreceni
Limited User

Postby cody » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:01 am

Hello,

Yes, patches can be submitted to the tracker.

Thanks,

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests