few functionality

Request Features and Feature Changes

few functionality

Postby papipsycho » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi,

for me Editra is a best editor on mac but unfortunatly it miss just few functionality

possibility to add some fonctionality in the toolbar (because i like to use the fonction view non printed charaterers)
rename function like npp
compare two files
goto line in the middle of the screen ant not in the bottom
possibility to use the trackpad not only up/down but also right/left

thanks for your work's
papipsycho
Limited User

Re: few functionality

Postby cody » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 am

papipsycho wrote:Hi,

for me Editra is a best editor on mac but unfortunatly it miss just few functionality

possibility to add some fonctionality in the toolbar (because i like to use the fonction view non printed charaterers)

Sorry not sure I understand this, what would you like to do?

papipsycho wrote:rename function like npp

This would be nice but would be better suited as a plugin.

papipsycho wrote:compare two files

With the Projects plugin you can configure a diff tool to be launched from the program to compare two revisions of a file. Otherwise this is more suited a plugin as well.

papipsycho wrote:goto line in the middle of the screen ant not in the bottom

Sorry don't think this is going to happen, modal dialogs are more of a hindrance than a help. What do you find wrong with the current goto line bar? I think the workflow is quite efficient as it is.

papipsycho wrote:possibility to use the trackpad not only up/down but also right/left

This is a library limitation in wxPython 2.8, horizontal scrolling is supported in 2.9. Editra builds using wxPython 2.9 with a Cocoa UI will be available in the not so distant future and will support horizontal scrolling.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests