lot of requests (or bugfixes?) :D

Request Features and Feature Changes

lot of requests (or bugfixes?) :D

Postby abdelouahabb » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 am

when opening a file, and then re-click on the file browser, it will open a new file in a new tab, hope this will be fixed by going to the already opened file.
when opening a file browser and doing "ctrl+M" to maximize the editor, it will first bring the shell if it's absent, then it will close the file browser.
and please, is there any javascript autocompletion?
in the launch module when using html files to get rendered, in firefox it's okey, since it uses file:///, but in opera and internet explorer it down work!
i use opera next (12) and internet explorer 6 this latter to check the backward compatibility of an html code.
NB: opera uses "file://localhost/" and internet explorer opens it directly "c:\....." in the adress bad to open files, any tips?
i've tried to use django directly from editra, so i've created a new *.bat file, and when i've launched it, it seems that it dont stop the code! the Ctrl+C shortcut dont work in the launch window, and when choosing "abort" the python service is not stopped :(
when creating a new file, hope that the file browser switchs to 'all', here is where the problem: i've filtred to python files, and when i create a new file, it's by default a *.txt file, which is hidden by the file browser filter, so wish this will be fixed :)
and also the unicode, it dont display them :( (arab...etc)
abdelouahabb
User

Re: lot of requests (or bugfixes?) :D

Postby cody » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:25 am

What version of Editra are you using and on what operating system? (source or binary install)?

abdelouahabb wrote:when opening a file, and then re-click on the file browser, it will open a new file in a new tab, hope this will be fixed by going to the already opened file.

What version of the FileBrowser plugin are you using?

abdelouahabb wrote:when opening a file browser and doing "ctrl+M" to maximize the editor, it will first bring the shell if it's absent, then it will close the file browser.

Please open a bug report in the issue tracker for this (http://code.google.com/p/editra/issues/list)

abdelouahabb wrote:and please, is there any javascript autocompletion?

If someone writes a patch to do it. I don't use javascript so I wont be doing it.

abdelouahabb wrote:in the launch module when using html files to get rendered, in firefox it's okey, since it uses file:///, but in opera and internet explorer it down work!
i use opera next (12) and internet explorer 6 this latter to check the backward compatibility of an html code.
NB: opera uses "file://localhost/" and internet explorer opens it directly "c:\....." in the adress bad to open files, any tips?

Not sure I am clearly understanding what your trying to say here, but what commands do you have configured in Launch for these browsers (what is executed the command line)?

abdelouahabb wrote:i've tried to use django directly from editra, so i've created a new *.bat file, and when i've launched it, it seems that it dont stop the code! the Ctrl+C shortcut dont work in the launch window, and when choosing "abort" the python service is not stopped :(

What version of Launch are you using?

Launch is not a terminal it is just an output window. So its expected that Ctrl+C wont do anything except for copy selected text from it.

abdelouahabb wrote:when creating a new file, hope that the file browser switchs to 'all', here is where the problem: i've filtred to python files, and when i create a new file, it's by default a *.txt file, which is hidden by the file browser filter, so wish this will be fixed :)

Please create a (separate) issue in the issue tracker for this.

abdelouahabb wrote:and also the unicode, it dont display them :( (arab...etc)

Doesn't display where? Editra does use Unicode everywhere and it displays unicode characters just fine to my knowledge so need to be more specific about where you are seeing the issue.

In the future please do not group multiple unrelated things together in a single post it makes it very difficult to track progress on things and to discuss any individual thing which often means things will get lost and forgotten. Please see the sticky topic at the top of this forum (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95).

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby cody » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm

cody wrote:
abdelouahabb wrote:when opening a file browser and doing "ctrl+M" to maximize the editor, it will first bring the shell if it's absent, then it will close the file browser.

Please open a bug report in the issue tracker for this (http://code.google.com/p/editra/issues/list)

Nevermind, this was easy enough to fix and a fix has already been committed for the next release.
cody
Site Admin

Postby abdelouahabb » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 am

hi
i'm using the latest Editra, i've tried both, the 2.6 version (the EXE one) and the "from source" since i've 2.7 installed!
and am sorry if i dont reply faster, because i've no internet at home, and i come at this hours to cyber cafe. my appologies.
abdelouahabb
User

Return to Feature Requests