don't leave Editor view when running script

Request Features and Feature Changes

don't leave Editor view when running script

Postby danielmader » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 am

Hi,

what I'd find great is if the focus would remain on the editor upon launching a script. Currently, the focus is moved to the Launch shelf, and I haven't been able to figure out how to move it back to the editor without using the mouse.

Additionally, now that I have a wide screen, a splitscreen mode for the editor would be phantastic :)

Thanks for this great piece of software,
all the best,
Daniel

P.S. 0.6 randomly crashes for no apparent reason both on Windows and Linux. Haven't tried on a Mac. "No apparent reason" means, it suddenly dies silently (Linux) or with a seg fault like message (Windows) when it's in the background, i.e. some other applications has the focus.
danielmader
User

Re: don't leave Editor view when running script

Postby cody » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi,

I think that it is a bug that the focus is being taken by Launch. What version of Launch are you using?

You can switch panes in the application by using the Pane Navigator shortcut (Alt+1) (or see the View menu). Works very similar to the Ctrl+Tab application switcher shortcut.

Do you have any more details about the crashes. I haven't had any crashes in 0.6 yet and have been using it for weeks. What plugins do you have installed? Certain types of files open? Version of Python/wxPython used? etc...

Try setting the program into VERBOSE DEBUG mode (preferences->Editor Mode) and sending the latest log file the next time it crashes. The log file can be found in your systems temp directory (editra_XXXXXX.log)

Thanks,

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Re: don't leave Editor view when running script

Postby danielmader » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

As for the focus issue: Alt+1 has no effect here. Can't tell if anything catches this combo or not but it's the same on Linux. This is the only annoyance I could find but it's prominent :)

Crash info:
Launcher is v1.9.
Other than that I only use CodeBrowser 1.2. As for the file types, I use Editra 99.9% for Python scripting, and sometimes I display ascii files, too. It's hard to trigger the crash. All I can tell is, it happens :)

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
wxPython 2.8.10.1

Maybe it really only happen with 0.5.99 but I am not sure. Only updated on Friday. Will report back as soon as I have a log.

Best,
Daniel
danielmader
User

Return to Feature Requests