Big fat black cursor

Request Features and Feature Changes

Big fat black cursor

Postby fberger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm coming from nano to Editra, and I've grown used to the full-character inverse-video cursor of nano:

nano_cursor.png
nano_cursor.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 4825 times

Personally I find the very thin Editra cursor hard to spot, especially when changing windows often.

However I could not find an option to change the cursor style.

I really would appreciate a big, black, fat, inverse-video cursor.

Thanks for considering,
Florian
fberger
User

Re: Big fat black cursor

Postby cody » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi,

I don't think that the text widget supports a cursor like that but I could add options for configuring the width of the cursor (0-4 pixels wide, default is 1) and the speed at which it blinks.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby fberger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi Cody,

sorry for the late reply.

cody wrote:I could add options for configuring the width of the cursor (0-4 pixels wide, default is 1) and the speed at which it blinks.

Yes, that would be great.

In addition, configurable color would be awesome. I need black. :)

Best regards,
Florian
fberger
User

Postby fberger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 am

yelodena wrote:How can I get my Mac to stop following the path of the cursor? ...

Hi yelodena, I think this is off topic in this thread. This board is about feature requests, and this thread is about a special feature in particular.

You might want to re-post your question in Bug Reports if it is a problem with Editra.

Kind regards,
fberger
fberger
User

Postby cody » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 am

Hi,

Turns out that account was a spammer, it updated the post later and added a bunch of links to junk websites. So deleted / banned.

On the other hand it was good because I reminded me I didn't do this yet. As of today with the current svn version of Editra it is possible to modify the default caret width between 1 and 4 pixels wide (max that has any effect with the text control).

As a bonus with wxPython 2.9 it is possible to get the same type of cursor as shown in the first screenshot. This is also implemented and active when running on wxPython 2.9. Currently though it is only for when using VI emulation and normal mode is active. Will add as a regular option once 2.9 is more widely available and usable on all platforms.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby fberger » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 am

HI Cody,

cody wrote:Hi,
As of today with the current svn version of Editra it is possible to modify the default caret width between 1 and 4 pixels wide (max that has any effect with the text control).
[...]
As a bonus with wxPython 2.9 it is possible to get the same type of cursor as shown in the first screenshot.

Excellent news! Looking forward to the next releases!

Cheers,
fberger
fberger
User

Return to Feature Requests