[done] VBScript support

Request Features and Feature Changes

[done] VBScript support

Postby puithove » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Just found Editra - looks very promising. I appreciate what you have done and are doing with it.

I'd love to see full support for VBScript (syntax highlighting, code completion, etc.) if possible.

Thanks!

-Phil
puithove
Limited User

Re: VBScript support

Postby cody » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Hello,

If you can provide me with the following it will greatly speed up the addition of this.

1) Some sample VBScript code for testing with

2) List of language keywords, and or links to some good documentation.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby puithove » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:49 pm

cody wrote:Hello,

If you can provide me with the following it will greatly speed up the addition of this.

1) Some sample VBScript code for testing with

2) List of language keywords, and or links to some good documentation.

Cody

Thanks for the quick response.

The language reference can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d1wf56tt.aspx

Lots of code snippets here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/script ... x?mfr=true
puithove
Limited User

Postby cody » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:17 pm

Done,

It was fairly easy to get this working. If you don't mind putting together a small test file that contains samples of most major syntax features it would be very useful (it of course doesn't need to run nor do anything just have code snippets in it). I looked at the samples on that site but I honestly don't know enough about vb to make a decent test file for it.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby puithove » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:05 pm

cody wrote:Done,

It was fairly easy to get this working. If you don't mind putting together a small test file that contains samples of most major syntax features it would be very useful (it of course doesn't need to run nor do anything just have code snippets in it). I looked at the samples on that site but I honestly don't know enough about vb to make a decent test file for it.

Cody

That's awesome! I sent you a script through PM. Let me know if there's a better way to send it to you.

I was just thinking - and forgive me if this is already available as I'm new to Editra - will it be possible to tell Editra which script host executable to launch the script that is in the buffer? In Windows, there are two different script hosts - WSCRIPT.EXE is GUI integrated, CSCRIPT.EXE is strictly command line
puithove
Limited User

Postby cody » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Hello,

Thanks I Pm'ed you back.

Yes, see the Launch plugin (http://editra.org/launch_overview). I haven't added support for VBScript to it yet but it is fully configurable for setting the executable. I can probably add support for vbscript fairly easily though so I will let you know.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby cody » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:01 am

Also added VBScript support to the Launch Plugin so it should be ready for the next release. (hopefully before next tuesday.)

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests