[fixed] Opening Screen Position

Request Features and Feature Changes

[fixed] Opening Screen Position

Postby Ross » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:48 pm

Using Editra 0.3.80 on Mac OSX 10.4.11.

When Editra opens an existing document, it often opens up the first view with the page shifted away from the left margin. It's a minor thing, but the initial view is jarring, and unfamiliar and I have to use the slider to shift the view left again.

I'm not sure what the motivation is for the chosen view - longest line still goes off the screnn to the right, so it's not trying to get in the last character of the longest line, and the insertion point is at the end of a line that ends within the 80chrs line, which is positioned about 18cols away from the LHS of the screen.

Anyway, if new documents could always open up shifted to show the left margin like most editors tend to do, that would be great.

It's a great simple editor BTW - When I first heard about it, I thought yeah, we need yet another file editor, but it has won me over for certain tasks. I use Editra, Eclipse/PyDev and vi primarily now, depending on the task at hand.

Ross.
Ross
User

Postby cody » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Well good news here too,

I actually fixed this just the other day as well. It was a bug that showed up in recent builds. I am hoping to get a new version out soon as a number of small bugs had gotten in the last release from all the new features that where added.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests