[wontdo] extend the CommentBrowser

Request Features and Feature Changes

[wontdo] extend the CommentBrowser

Postby Brot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Hello,

at the moment I am using Eclipse with pydev to write my python projects. But it's a little too much and I am looking for a good alternative IDE.

Editra looks promising, but there is a missing feature, which I am use with eclipse a lot.

I want to have the possibility to list all my comments (TODO/FIXME..) never mind if the file with the comment is opened.

~ Bernd
Brot
User

Postby cody » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Hello,

I am not sure about what you are asking. Do you mean have it be able to list these for all files under a certain directory? You could do this though by just doing a find all as mentioned in my reply to your message about the find features.

Just enable Regular Expression in the search options and search for something like this.

Code: Select all
\sTODO|\sFIXME

If you had something else in mind please feel free to explain in more detail.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby Brot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Ok, I see your point.
After thinking about my post I am not sure if this feature request fits into the behaviour of Editra.
In Eclipse you are always working with a project. So you can easily search in the whole project. The other thing is that there is always the task-list, which is a list of every TODO/FIXME comment from the whole project.
It's not necessary to have a file open to see the tasks in it.
Brot
User

Postby cody » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Correct,

Editra is not (nor will it be) a full blown IDE. It is a plain text editor. Some plugins may extend the idea of a project at sometime but this is outside the scope what will be part of the core program.

If you want to request for adding the option to the comment browser to be able to have a set directory to list all TODO's from feel free submit a feature request to the editra-plugins tracker so that that plugins author will recieve notification of it. (http://code.google.com/p/editra-plugins/issues/list). Though for as often as one really needs to look at the listing of TODO's for an entire project I think the Find In Files works adequately enough.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests