[done] Block text selection

Request Features and Feature Changes

[done] Block text selection

Postby aka_bigred » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 pm

There's a feature in Textpad that I absolutely can not live without - Block text selection. It allows you to grab a block (rectangle) of text without having to select the entire line. It's priceless when trying to make repetitive changes to a text doc that align vertically It makes coding much easier once you realize the power of block selection. It's like it treats each character as a cell in a larger table so you can select vertically adjacent parts of different lines without selecting the junk on the edges you don't want.

It is literally so important to my editing that I've stuck with Textpad for years even though it's missing code folding which I *REALLY* wish it had.
Last edited by aka_bigred on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka_bigred
Limited User

Postby cody » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Editra already has this feature.

Hold down Alt while making your selection.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby aka_bigred » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Awesome! I didn't see it as an option in any menus so I didn't think it was there.
aka_bigred
Limited User

Postby cody » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm

I don't like having cluttered menus so not all options are always displayed there, only the most common ones and ones that don't have keybindings.

The documentation page has a listing of most commands:
http://editra.org/index.php?page=doc&doc=commands

I need to update that sometime though as some new commands have been added since its last update.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests