Toolbar

Request Features and Feature Changes

Toolbar

Postby konaexpress » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi, have not seen you guys in a while......

Just started to learn Python on the Mac and I was wondering if there is a way to add items to the tool bar? The command key (the one with the clover looking doo-hicky) and the + key do not seem to zoom in but adds = signs to the code. :shock: I am getting older and the eyes are just not what they used to be, it would be nice to have the magnifying glass on the tool bar or be able to set default size in the preferences area.

Thanks for any input on this. If not, I will make do. Great app BTW, Love it!

-John
konaexpress
User

Re: Toolbar

Postby cody » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

You can quickly adjust the zoom setting in the text buffer by doing the following.

1) click in text area (to make sure its active)
2) Hold down Ctrl key
3) Move mouse wheel

By Cmd are you saying that the keyboard shortcut is not working and is instead inserting characters?

The default keyboard shortcut should be Cmd+Shift+= (this ends up being Cmd++ on most keyboard layouts) to zoom in, and Cmd+- to zoom out.

There is however as you noticed no settings to specifically set a default zoom level. However, or you can adjust the font size in the Preferences dialog to get the same affect.
cody
Site Admin

Postby konaexpress » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply,

The command+shift+ "+" looks to work but not with the "-"key. That puts - in the code for sure.

Sorry, didn't know I had to also use the shift key as the command and =/+ or -/_ works in other apps. Thought this was the way it was.

Thanks for all the help on this, this gives me a fix. :D

John
konaexpress
User

Postby cody » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Ok good :)

I will continue to look into the shortcut issue on my Mac next time I get chance.
cody
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests