[fixed*] GTK Theming Issue on Preferences Tabs

Report Bugs Here

[fixed*] GTK Theming Issue on Preferences Tabs

Postby AdemoS » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm aware that this is essentially a bug report, but fixing it might require a new feature.
So I decided on this forum section, but if I was wrong, please move it for me.

There are two issues I have found on the GTK theming of preferences tabs. I don't know if this issue occurs on MacOSX or Windows, because I've only tested this on GTK Linux.

Screenshot:

1.) Black Text Color
The text color of the preferences tabs does not follow GTK color theme rules; it always remains black.
So for people with a dark color for their background, the black font color becomes hard to read.

2.) Blue Gradient
The blue gradient background looks nice, but reduces readability in some cases. So an option to turn it off would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading. I've really been impressed with some of the recent additions to Editra. (The Find bar in particular has greatly improved)
AdemoS
User

Re: GTK Theming Issue on Preferences Tabs

Postby cody » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:20 am

Hi,

The label text color is fixed but will need to think about the gradient. It shouldn't be that color but must be a calculation error in adjusting the color. Its always difficult to get color correct on GTK(linux) as it allows for so many IMO odd color choices.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby AdemoS » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 am

I'm glad to hear that a font-color fix is on the way.

But as for the gradient, it might be easier to just get rid of it, if fixing it will be that complex...
AdemoS
User

Postby cody » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:21 am

Disabled the gradient for now.

Will have to revisit later as this does expose a bug in my ui helper utilities, should probably move some of them to work with HSV values instead of just RGB.
cody
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports