[BUG?] Highlight Caret Line overrides bracket highlighting

Report Bugs Here

[BUG?] Highlight Caret Line overrides bracket highlighting

Postby birchy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:18 pm

O.S: Ubuntu 8.10, Gnome version 2.24.1

I have a custom Python.ess file which i have used since Editra version 0.4. I have recently enabled the "Highlight Caret Line" setting under Edit > Preferences > Document > Code > Highlight Caret Line and have noticed that the bracket highlighting is now overridden by the caret line highlighting. When moving the caret to another line, the bracket highlighting can be seen to flash briefly as the caret highlighting exits that line.

I assume this is a minor bug?
birchy
User

Re: [BUG?] Highlight Caret Line overrides bracket highlighting

Postby cody » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 am

Hi,

I think this is a bug in the version of Scintilla that is in use. I had noticed it sometime back but couldn't see anything wrong with the way I was doing things.

It may also just be the issue that the highlight caret line does a background draw that might be drawing over the foreground of the bracket highlighting. Have you tried your bracket style that changes the color/boldness of the foreground/font to see if that works instead of using the default bracket highlighting style.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby craigyjack » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 am

This bug is still present.

Windows 7 64bit, Editra 0.6.37

Is there any way to fix this bug, or is it out of your hands and a bug confined to Scintilla that you can't fix?

I'd like to be able to use both Highlight Caret Line and Bracket Highlighting, but when both are enabled, the brackets become white on the light blue background, making it near impossible to see the brackets. The goal is to make the brackets stand out, but this bug causes the opposite and makes them basically disappear (when highlight caret line is enabled). :P

Thanks,
Craig
craigyjack
Limited User

Postby cody » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi,

Its an upstream issue.

The best I can tell you is to modify your bracket highlight style to highlight the brackets differently. The default scheme turns the text white and highlights the background. Change it to make the highlight the foreground and make the text bold or something so it is more visible in combination with the caret highlight.

Cody
cody
Site Admin

Postby craigyjack » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks, I will do that.

Craig
craigyjack
Limited User

Return to Bug Reports